The Palestinian Information Technology Association of Companies represents more than 150 major ICT companies in Palestine’s emerging technology and startup ecosystem.
PITA has become the driving force in advancing the ICT sector’s interests, and the leading information source about this sector in Palestine.
Based in Ramallah, PITA was founded in 1999 by a group of Palestinian entrepreneurs with the vision of creating a non-profit organization to advance the interests and positive societal impact of Palestine’s Information and Communication Technology (ICT) sector.
A new generation of forward thinking entrepreneurs with a heritage that takes them back thousands of years in history is bringing together profound change to the technology and startup landscape.
Through its programming, content, events and global outreach, PITA is now poised to not only continue advance its mission towards innovation, but also serve as the region’s driver for its startup ecosystem.
Innovation: It’s In Our DNA
To lead the ICT sector towards an innovation-based economy.
A Palestinian nation nurturing innovation and contributing to world knowledge.
PITA Strategic Goals
The emergence of an open, secure cloud, the consumerization of IT, and ability to do business in a global, borderless environment, makes Palestine an ideal place to discover, innovate and disrupt traditional thinking.
To that end, PITA has committed itself to these strategic goals:
- To operate efficiently, effectively and sustainably, contributing to a better world.
- To enhance the ICT business environment to better enable the industry that will grow our economic and intellectual capital.
- To reach out and engage with the global ICT sector effectively and better position it as a wonderful place to do something totally new.
- To ensure that qualified sufficient human capital exists in Palestine to boost the ICT sector and attract new immigrants and investors to this region of of the world.
- To strengthen the competitiveness of Palestinian ICT enterprises in local and international markets.